subota, 24. listopada 2015.

70's/ 80's Punk Hair (1st Look)

There are many different variations of the 70's/80's mohawk, everyone who wears it styles it the way they prefer it. The to get this pun hairstyle is to have volume and texture on the top and have the sides tight and smooth.

Braids & Mohawk Oh man this is so 80's and I love it. I have hair like this and if my momma would let me . . .:
Braid and a mohawk
Punk Hair
(Source: http://mycurls.me/myphotos/)
Image found on: Oct 24 2015

Punk Hair
Unknown model
(source: https://www.pinterest.com/sabrinalowney/mohawk/)

"Superhuman Powers" | Model: Agnete Hegelund, Photographer: Mariano Vivanco, Dazed & Confused, July 2008:
"Superhuman Powers"
 Model: Agnete Hegelund
 Photographer: Mariano Vivanco
Dazed & Confused
July 2008
(Source: http://noirfacade.livejournal.com/747315.html)
Image found on: Oct 24 2015

To create this look first you will need to section the hair. Create a slight V shape going from the front all the way down to the nape of the head. That is the section that you will style with heated rollers to get lift and volume, the sides will be braded. I had to use two rollers for one section because it was too wide for only one roller. Make sure the rollers sit right on the roots. 

Sectioning the hair
Putting the rollers in
All the rollers in - back
All the rollers in - left side
All the rollers in - from the top

When you are done with rollers, braid the sides whilst you're waiting for them to cool down. You can do any kind of braid you like, I did a fishtail braid. To hide the hair band and the end of the braid I twisted the ends into little ringlets and pinned them in. 

French braid - right side
French braid /ringlet - left side
French braid - left side
French braid - left side

Then take out the rollers and backcomb each section. This look is all about texture and volume, so the backombing  has to be hard and structured, but don't be agressive.  Then use a dressing out comb to style the edges and bring the hair back. 

Backcombing the hair
Backcombing the hair
Final look - Front
Final look - Back
Final look - Side
Look created on: Oct 23 2015



I must say, the braid that I did on the left side is the best fishtail braid I've ever braided and I an very proud of myself. However, I still need to work on my backcombing...

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar