nedjelja, 4. listopada 2015.

80's Hair

Hair in the 80's was everything but straight or flat. Crimping, perms and a lot of backcombing was very popular and hairspray was everyone's best friend.

Hairspray Comb, 1980's
 Souce: http://www.liketotally80s.com/2014/01/hair-spray-comb/ 
Image found on: Oct 2 2015
Voluminous curls can look wonderful, but not when they've been teased within an inch of their life.Sarah Jessica Parker  1980's 
 (Source: http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/beauty/g2520/bad-80s-hair-makeup-trends/?slide=2)
Image found on: Oct 2 2015
80s yearbook photosStephanie F.
Junior School Yearbook photo  from 1989 
(Source: http://www.liketotally80s.com/2008/10/80s-yearbook-pictures/ ) Image found on: Oct 2 2015


To create this 80's look in class we used medium sized curling tongs. When you curl the hair you hold the tongs vertically. Each section be facing the opposite direction, e.g. first section is going inwards, the one next to it is going outwards, then the section after is going inwards again, and so on. Pin every curl, and let it cool down before taking out the pins. Make sure that there is an equal amout of curls on each side. The front can go in any direction you want but make sure that both sides are facing the same way.

I started by sectioning the hair. then curled from bottom then worked my way up. I pinned every curl down. When I got to the top/ front of the hair, I created a slight side (almost middle) parting and curled the going away from the face. I hairsprayed the hair and left it to set.


Hair before styling
Sectioning
Curling
Sections at the top
Curling completed - back
Curling completed - Front


When the curls have completely cooled down, I took the pins out. I've run my fingers through the curls, to separate them, then backcombed the hair. Then I took one part of the front (right) and pinned it back.
To finish off the look, I added a yellow chiffon scarf and tied around the head.


Hair after taking the pins out - back
Hair after taking the pins out - front
Hair after separating the curls
Hair after backcombing - back
Final look - Right side
Final look - Left side
Final look - Front
Nov 2 2015

I think that if I used smaller sections, or even smaller tongs that the final look would look a lot better. Also, I should've backcombed the hair a bit more and spend more time adjusting the curls for the final look, but I was running out of time. Need to work faster when curling hair.

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar