subota, 28. studenoga 2015.

50's Contemporary Hairstyle - Informal Assessment

Here are the images from my second and final assessment in this unit.

I started by taking out the rollers and creating the big victory rolls. Every section was individually backcombed and hairsprayed, then twisted and pinned. 


Taking the rollers out and backcombing
victory roll
Both victory rolls

Then it was time to move onto the back of the hair and see if how my curles have turned out.
After taking the pins out I seeing how thight they've come out I knew that the steaming worked. I brushed the hair out and ended up with a massive afro. I pinned it around the crown of the head to create a nice, round shape. 

Taking out the pins
Brushing out the curls

Wig after brushing the hair out - side
Wig after brushing the hair out - font
Wig after brushing the hair out - back

I prepped my model's hair the same way I did for my first assessment, with pincurls and a wrap at the back. This time I used a darker stocking cap, just because I think it goes better with the colour of the wig, rather than the beige one. I pinned it, then put on the wig.
Again, the wig is slighty too small for my model's head and even though I've pinned it at next to my models ears, it kept lifting. I just left it as it was because there was nothing I can do really, considering there was no hair I could hide it with.

Pincurls

Hair pincurled and wrapped
Final look
Front
50's contemporary hairstyle
Final look
Back
50's contemporary hairstyle
Final look
Front/ top
50's contemporary hairstyle
Final look
Right side
50's contemporary hairstyle
Final look
Right side
50's contemporary hairstyle
Final look
Left side
50's contemporary hairstyle
Final look
Left side
50's contemporary hairstyle
Model: Charlee Baxter
Look created on: Nov 27 2015



The curls turned out great, but too big for the hairstyle I wanted to create and I think it looks a slightly too contemporary. I should've put the pins only in one layer and not two. But then again, I wasn't even sure if this technique would work with steaming. I am happier with it looking like this, than to have it fall out and not curl at all.

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar