subota, 28. studenoga 2015.

Project Evaluation

At first, I didn't know what to expect from this unit. I decided to do it because I did not feel very confident working with hair and I wanted to improve my skills. Wig work sounded fun and I thought it would be good to know how to work with wigs if I ever get in that kind of situation. 
I think the content of the unit was very interesting and I feel like I have learned something new in both Lottie's and Helen's lesson each week. There wasn't anything specific that I struggled with. I really enjoyed developing the hairstyles for the project and the different techniques we've used.
The period I chose for my project was the early 50's. I decided to do victory rolls at the front and a pony tail at the back - pony tails were not very popular before this decade. For my contemporary look I wanted to do something completely different so I decided to twist the hair around the pins to make the hair frizzy. It took me a long time to prep and set the wig. The final outcome had a lot more volume and friz than I expected, but I am pleased with it nonetheless.For some hairstyles we used heated rollers which I never used before, but they're easy to use once you practice. I do feel more confident working with hair in general now and, even though I still have to practice a lot, I think I have done a lot of progress in only two months. I really Iike working with wigs and it's always fun to see how it can completely change the way someone looks. Another skill that I've gained from this unit is knotting. I find that knotting really relaxes me and thoroughly enjoyed creating mustaches and sideburns. 
Overall, I am really happy I have chosen to do this unit, as you can see. I wish this unit continued into our second semester because I would really like to improve my skills even more and possibly one day go into wig making. 

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar