utorak, 24. studenoga 2015.

Practice For Second Assessment

Here is a hairstyle I created, in preparation for my contemporary assessment this week. I practiced my final look on my doll head at home.

First I sectioned the front, that will be used for victory rolls, and back. I started from the back and split it in half. The bottom half was devided into three sections, then started twisting the hair arund hair pins. The top was later devided into two sections. My wig has three sections at the bottom and four at the top, but this head has less hair. I don't have my straightener here because I forgot it in Croatia, so I just hairsprayed the hair before twisting around each pin. I didn't expect it to come out very curly and thight, I was just practicing to get the rough idea of what it will looks like.

Sectioning the hair
Bottom part sectioned and hair twisted around pins on the right
Close up 
Close up
Top half sectioned
 Head full of pins
Head full of pins - side


When I was done with the back of the head, I hairsprayed it and went to do the front while the back sets. My doll head actually had the victory rolls in from when I practiced on it for my previous assessment so I didn't have to curl the hair again. I just added more hair and backcombed it. Then I've lightly brushed through so it looks neater and pinned where I wanted the rolls to go. However, I can't create the victory rolls that I want with this had because it is not as long as the hair on my wig. 


Victory rolls

I left the hair another 30 minutes after I was done with victory rolls then came back to take out the pins. The curls didn't come out very defined because the sectiones I used were quite big but I still managed to get a frizzy texture. 

After taking out the pins

After brushing the hair out
Final look - back
Final look - side
Final look - front

Here I just pinned the sides because that was the direction the hair was going anyway, and that might happen on my wig, too. 

Side pinned back
Final look - From above
Created on:  Nov 24 2015

Since I still struggle with creating nice and neat victory rolls, I created a few at the front, just as a practice. But they turned out looking very 40's.
I created two on one side then one on the side where there was more hair, but I twisted it in the opposite direction.


Two victory rolls on the side
Victory roll
Victory roll - pinned down at the back
Close up
Victory roll with a section from the side twisted around it
front
Victory roll - back
Created on:  Nov 24 2015


I do feel a bit more confident now about the assessment but I still need to work on the victory rolls.

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar