petak, 20. studenoga 2015.

50's Period Hairstyle - Informal Assessment

This is the 50's hairstyle I created on my wig for the 'period hairstyle' part of our project.

Before putting the wig on my model, I had to style it. I started by taking out the rollers at the front. Since I used hair grips to hold the hair and rollers together, the lines were left showing on the hair. To create the two victory rolls I had to backcomb the hair and I backcombed each section individually, apart from the one next to ne parting. The wig is syinthetic and it takes a long time to backcomb it and give any structure and hold to the hair. I hairsprayed as I was going along. Then I twisted the hair and pinned the rolls in place. Both Victory rolls are going outwards, away from eachother, Left one is bigger than the right one. I hairsprayed again so the rolls stay in place and don't fall out.


Hair after taking the rollers out
Hair after backcombing
Left Victory roll
Right Victory roll

After that I moved onto the rest of the hair. I was very happy with how the curls turned out and it was very easy to style it. First I brushed out all the curls with my paddle brush, then tied it all together into a pony tail at the middle, not too high, not too low. I brushed the pony tail again, and I got a lovely wave, then hairsprayed.

Hair after taking the rollers out
Pony tail

To prep my model's hair I've put the font of her hair up into pin curls, and wrapped the rest. Her hair is fair and it didn't take me too long. I used a skin coloured stocking cap and used pins to pin it in the pin curls. 
The wig that I'm using was slightly too small for her head and I couldn't cover up the edges. Luckly, Helen helped me out a little and showed me that I could cover the front by pulling out the victory rolls. To cover up the rest, but also decorate the hair I used a red bandana and tied it where the parting is. 


My model's hair before pin curling
Pin curls - side
Wrapped hair + pin curls
(there is a pin curl on the left side of the neck too!)
Pin curls - side
Stocking cap
(before it was pinned down)
Final look - side
Final look - back
Final look - front
Final look - side

Here are the images I took in the studio;

Final look - front
Final look - side
Final look - back
Final look - side
Final look - side
Final look - side
Model: Charlee Baxter
Look created on: Nov 20 1025

I am happy with the final outcome, considering this was the first time I styled this wig ( just like everyone else). I only hope that my grade won't get lowered because Helen helped me out a little.
The wig has to be set and steamed again for my contemporary assessment next week.

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar