petak, 13. studenoga 2015.

Practice In Lesson

Today I had a chance to practice for my assessment next week. I used the same wig as last week. I used curling tongs to curl the front of the wig as there were some waves from when I styled it last week, and the front is the part I wanted to focus on. If I curled the entire wig it would take me a while and I wouldn't have enough time to style the front.

I started by pinning the wig onto the wig block. I sectioned the hair into a side parting, then started curling. I used a medium sized curling tong and pinned the curls until they cooled down. The direction that I curled the hair was inwards, going into the face. I wanted to try to create one of those big rolls in the middle of the head as well as victory rolls as I am still deciding what kind of hairstyle to do.
 I took the pins out after about 15 minutes. 


Pinning the wig - front
Pinning the wig - side
Pinning the wig - side
Pincurls 
Pincurls from above
Hair after taking out the pins


When I took all the pins out I used my paddle brush to brush them out. I tried to make the rolls a few times as you will see in the photos below. 

First I made one victory roll with the side of the parting that had less hair. I twisted the hair around my fingers and pinned it to keep it in place. 


1st  Victory Roll

Then I took it out and took the hair from the middle of the wig. I brushed all the hair together and twisted it into a big roll and pinned. However I took too much hair and I couldn't get the shape I wanted, so I took it out and tried again. 

2nd Victory Roll

Third attempt; again too wide, and too high up. Took the pins out and tried again. 

3rd Victory Roll

I used less hair this time and managed to get a nice victory roll. I pinned it and tried to make two smaller ones, one on each side. Although, they didn't turn out looking exactly the same.

4th Victory Roll 
4th Victory Roll + one on the left
4th Victory Roll + one on the right
4th Victory Roll 

Then I took the pins out of the big roll and tried again... 

5th Victory Roll 
5th Victory Roll 
5th Victory Roll 
All looks created on: Nov 13 2015


The direction of the curls/ rollers/ tongs is important and if I knew straight away that I will do this kind of look I would style the sides in the opposite direction to the
I am trying to get as much practice done as I want to be prepared for my informal assessment next week. I have done my face charts, but it is easier to draw a hairstyle than to actually create it. Now I have a week to practice and decide on the final look for my period 50's hairstyle.

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar