nedjelja, 15. studenoga 2015.

How To Style A Mustache

Before styling the mustache you have to trim the hair that is going over the top lip. Keep in mind that the hair will be curled which means it will go shorter. Cut it sligthly longer, below the lip, otherwise it might end up being too short. You can always cut it shorter if you think it's too long.

To style our mustaches we used metal tongs . We had a really tiny one and one slightly bigger. You have to be very careful when using them as they get really hot. Also, never use them straight on the hair, as they will burn it. Try them out on a tissue first to check how hot they are and to cool them down. 
To style the mustache you take a little section of hair with the metal end of your pintail comb. Curling it in two layers is fine, but everything depends on the thickness of the mustache. Take the tong and wrap it around and above to create a nice wave and give it some lift.  Hold the tong in the direction that you want the hair to go. 

An alternative way of creating this curl and lift is using a pencil when the hair is still long. You wet the hair and twist around the pencil, then wait for it to dry. 

What I did was I cut my mustache first, then used the bigger tongs to curl it. I curled it in 2 layers like Helen showed us, and used the Black & White Hair dressing Pomade to make the hair smooth and shiny. I actually used coconut oil when I was at home, too. 


Mustache before trimming
After trimming
After curling
Final look - Closeup
Styled on: Nov 13 2015


I like how my mustache turned out, however I didn't achieve the same lift on the left side as I did on the right side of it. I think it is probably because of the angle that I was holding the tong at, as I am left handed. 
Another way that I could've styled this mustache was not to trim it, but leave the hair falling on the sides, then curl the ends upwards. I think that would look good, too.

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar