ponedjeljak, 23. studenoga 2015.

Setting My Wig For The Continuity Assessment

For my contemporary 50's design I decided to keep the Victory rolls. To set the curls I sectioned the front of the wig into a side parting. The section is quite big as I want to create huge rolls. The rollers I used are the biggest ones I have and I've put two per section, on the top and sides, then it end with one roller. The rollers are going inwards.

Putting the rollers in
All rollers in

I like to make my life complicated, and I've decided to use the frizzing technuque at the bottom half of the wig. The bottom will be brushed out and frizzy and the top part sleek. To achive this look I twisted the hair around the pin, and used hair grips to secure the ends. I used ribbon to tie  the hair to avoid lines that hair ties leave in the hair. 

First I started by tying the hair into one big low pony tail. I twisted a few strands of hair but I realized I won't have enough room for all of the sections. Also, the frizz wouldn't be even as everything is pulled to the centre of the head.
I took everything out and decided to make more sections. So I sectioned the hair into two sections, each devided into smaller ones. This way I will look more even and, hopefully, the hair from the top section will sit on the bottom and that way it will give it more volume. The bottom section was devided into three and top into four sections because there was more hair in the top section. Also, the top sections are placed between the two bottom ones to avoid gaps later. Similar to brickwork.
I had to take very thin strands of hair, or everything will fall out of the pin. The hair is too long for the pin so I had to twist the ends around it, then secured it with two grips. They kept falling out but I think that once I take the pins out and brush the hair you won't be able to notice it. Every section had a minimum of six pins. 

Bottom sections and a few pins in
Half of the bottom hair in pins
Bottom section completed
Three (out of four) sections on the top half of the wig
Final look - wig before steaming 
Final look - wig after steaming
Final look - wig after steaming
Wig set on: Nov 23 2015

I took my time with steaming and went through every pin individually. There would be nothing worse i the curls and little wigglets don't develop and drop on Friday. Today is Monday, so that should be enough time for the hair to dry. I am slightly worried that there will be gaps at the crown of the head, you can see the sections, so I tried not to steam that too much.
To set this wig it took me about five hours, which is a long time and my thumbs hurt now. I am excited for Friday and if it turns out alright, it was worth it. 


Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar